Senior Therapist / Subject Matter Expert
A message from the team at Kadia:
Kadia is an established Occupational Therapy Service in the Eastern Region of Melbourne (Head office in Kilsyth).
Over the last year we have seen exceptional clinical outcomes with an NDIS recommendation acceptance rate in the 90th percentile leading to high client satisfaction rates.
With increasing demands on our specific skills, our team are ever growing as we provide support for those in the eastern regions of Melbourne. We also provide online services state-wide and are building a strong reputation of providing innovative, client centric support.
We believe that having the right people doing the right things, enables each team member to be able to achieve their best – and finish each day well.
The well-resourced operational administration and client support team handle all non-clinical administration tasks, leaving the Allied Health Assistants free to provide unobstructed clinical support (admin and client contact) to the Therapy Team.
To find out more, head over to www.kadia.com.au.
What Your Role Looks Like:
This role requires independent working within a framework of close collaboration.
Initially you will start out with a focus predominantly on clinical administration with opportunities to pick up client-direct work based on your skills, interests and workplace training.
You will be provided with a Mac-book, iPad and iPhone as well as additional tools required to complete your role effortlessly – including a sit to stand desk in the office.
This role will initially work within the office environment during on-boarding so that you have the support you need. Once settled, opportunities to work from home or other locations will be available.
As our Allied health assistant team grows, there will be increasing opportunity for leadership growth and development.
Those with international allied health degrees or equivalent, exercise science degrees and AHA graduates are encouraged to apply. High-level English communication is required.
- Cert IV in allied health assistance (equivalencies / international degrees happily accepted)
- Drivers licence and own road worthy vehicle
- Willing to undergo ‘National police check’ and ‘working with children’s check’
Day-to-day tasks will involve but not limited to the following:
- Providing clinically specific administration support to therapists
- Supporting clients through their journey with us
- Assisting therapists with hands on assessments
- Liaising with clients and key stakeholders (equipment suppliers ect.) to organise appointments and clinical tool availability.
- Supporting report development so that clients receive timely intervention resolution
- Supporting clinical case-load management alongside operational admin team
- Assisting clients with Daily Living training programs designed by the treating therapist (workplace training provided)
- Independent working in the community with clients
- Opportunity for service development and project work
- Based on support services award
This role is right for you if the following are true…
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable with technology and online solutions
- Enjoy a balance of collaborative and autonomous work
- A self-starter and yet know when and how to ask for help.
- Enjoy having fun, socialising as a team and being a part of something bigger than yourself.
This role is not for you if:
- You are more interested in yourself than working as a team
- Are unable to be authentic and transparent in your work
- Does not appreciate growing nor the challenges that result in growing.
- Unwilling to work as a team, placing yourself front and center for attention
- You pull down the culture of the team by not upholding the values of the team.
- Just want to rock up to work and do the bare minimum without investing in, or receiving support from your team members
Applications must include:
- Cover letter outlining what you uniquely bring to the role
- An up-to-date CV demonstrating your relevant experience in relation to this role.
- The results of the 16 personalities test found at http://16personalities.com
**Applications close Feb 9th**
As this is a highly desirable role, interviews will be offered as applications are received.