OT Roles At Kadia
Level Up Your Career
Or call 1300 577 929
Kadia exists to provide an eco-system where Occupational Therapists and the wider team are equiped, supported and enabled to be their own ‘very best selves’.
This gives space for true excellence to foster from our natural, unrestrained drive to make an impact in the disability and health care space in Australia.
Through true autonomy, lifestyle design and appreication of each other as our whole selves we have fostered a collaborative and innovative culture. we are able to create profound clinical outcomes, without the stress, overwhelm and emotional wear and tear that often comes with working in our current health and disabiliity spaces.
Since 2018 we have delivered customised, boutique solutions to clients who deeply appreicate the support we provide, with Industry Leading Clinical outcomes – all from a foundation of a vibrant, psychologocally safe working environment – as achnowleged through our listing as a finalist for Team culure in the 20-21 National Allied Health Awards.
Are you ready for that next step in your career?
Have a passion for a specific area? Seating, wheelchairs, home mods, dementia?
And want to work somewhere that values you, your goals and supports you to be your best self?
Are you wanting to keep touch with clinical skills, but want to also build on your leadership and mentoring career?
Or maybe you have a proven track record, with solid clinical reasoning skills and are wanting to branch out from inpatient / public health and step into the NDIS space?
with the full support of a well rounded AHA team and Operational Admin team…you can do what you are passionate about -and build out those clinical dreams into a reality!
And get better life balance…
Then this just might be the new step you have been looking for.
How Kadia Occupational Therapy is Different…
Kadia is a private practice that puts the clinical models of Occupational Therapy at the heart of its service – in both how we function as a team, and how we serve our clients.
We turn both day-to-day and the trickiest of situations into the most comprehensive and soul reviving solutions for those who are experiencing changes and limitations due to age or disability.
Here at Kadia Occupational Therapy, we get that client’s no longer want a cookie cutter approach. They want services that truly meet their meaningful, functional needs, not just adding another piece of equipment which gathers dust.
During the 2020 COVID-19 season, our team reached to new heights with ease, with a quick expansion of our existing state-wide tele-health service and thrived within our online eco-system which provides flexibility, autonomy and social connection… even when remote.
With comments from clients like “I never knew OT could be like this.. we have seen OT’s for over 20 years, and this experience has been like chalk and cheese…. We really feel like we have missed out all this time”… we know we are getting it right.
As an Occupational Therapist in our team, you will
- Be empowered to have energising relationships with clients, whilst preventing burnout from our shared care clinical model.
- Have the opportunity to extend your scope, with support from the leadership team, into areas of professional interest, and growth needs, without being bogged down by administration tasks.
- Have a case load that is collaboratively created and clinically shared, targeting your learning and teaching needs (if you want to teach),
- Access full support from our AHA Team who will assist in appointment booking, trial set ups and report preparations (to name just a few things this awesome team do).
The Kadia team believe in true collaboration – whether it’s in the office, or on the online eco-system… support is literally just a second (or click) away.
Here, we share clients, knowledge, resources, wins and time. It is literally celebrated when someone asks for a hand, and when asked, it is known that a hand is literally in reach.
Here at Kadia we stand against the clinical ‘churn’ and hold tightly to the vision and reality of doing OT as we are designed to do – pushing the boundaries and using our clinical models as our Map.
We get that client’s want an innovative service that listens to what they really want to achieve in life.
Kadia’s Core Features:
- Value of the Therapeutic Process: A core focus on the power of clinical models, and journeying with clients beyond the provision of “stuff”
- Boundary protection: as a team recognising that we can do anything… just not everything! We get that saying “no” is soo much better than saying a compromised “yes”.
- Help our future selves: we get that the decisions we make today, affect tomorrow… so we make decisions which build us forward and protect our future… not create a fire for tomorrow.
- Learning: Internal and External training designed around your goals
- Clinical Mentoring Panel: Our clinical mentors (internal and external) to build you up. Whether it is Home Modifications, Assistive Technology, Mental Health or another area of practice, we have you covered. If we don’t have immediate access to what you need, your supervisor is here to guide.
- Best Practice Clinical Supervision: With a supervision framework based on the work by OT Michelle Bihary (clinical supervision specialist) our team thrive on having tailored supervision plans which are based on their reflective learning needs… not operational requirements.
- Dedicated operational supports including in-house Video editor, client experience team and allied health assistant team.
- In-house Development: Level-up your learning through our in-house training opportunities designed around the ‘on the ground’ needs of the team including journal club, hot seat and our own traning portal.
- Flexibility: Work a split week from home and the office, with hours flexible around kids drop off/sporting events/ gym sessions… or just start early so that you get a long week end EVERY week
- Designer Office: a space designed by OT’s FOR OT’s … a space where you can unwind and know that you are valued…. After all we understand the impact of environment on meaningful experiences.
- Tea / Coffee: Save hundreds of dollars on tea and coffee thanks to our well stocked Kitchen (currently holding 13 flavours of teas and 20 different coffees – it’s a team vote) …but just quietly we also don’t use this as an excuse to not hit the local coffee shops!
- Integrated Technology: which brings the best of collaborative tools with the seamless connection of your own iPad, iMac and iPhone.
- Project/Portfolio: Time set aside each week for you to work on that opportunity that has caught your eye.
As a Kadian you will be:
- Valued as a team member and by clients
- Connected in a happy workplace where failures and wins are celebrated – as both demonstrate learning.
- Imbedded with like-minded colleagues who a passionate about functional occupational therapy.
- Supported in professional/personal skill development
- Empowered in clinical skill enhancement
- Productive in your workflow
- Adding value to the team’s clients in their own unique journeys
- Confidence in your professional growth
- Clarity in career growth around your strengths and opportunities
- Passionate about your clinical work, digging deeper than ‘just the stuff’
- Protected by boundaries with clients and co-ords alike
- Connected with your team members- whether working virtually or face to face.
- Backed by the AHA team so that you can do what you do best
As a result, you will experience:
- Shared values with your team
- The time and resources you need to be the effective therapist you have always wanted to be
- Encouragement to live out clinical models in practice – pushing past the equipment to the functional therapy we learnt about in Uni…
- Commitment from leadership team in supporting your personal and professional growth
- Weekly Personal goal engagement with leadership to remove barriers to growth
- Quarterly Growth Goal check-ins to help you access the best resources for your goals
- Passion Project Protected time each week to work on what gives you that spark
- Consistent access to your support team
- Administration support from both our AHA and Operational Admin teams.
- A team that has your back, as we navigate possibilities together.
- Passion about your clinical work, digging deeper than ‘just the supply of stuff’
- Innovation: previously untapped opportunity to push the possibilities
The Outcome of this is…
- A team that gets great outcomes, feeling the rewards of success
- A team that together, with training, support and collaboration achieve a more than 90% acceptance rate of NDIS applications, 95% Major Modifications funded, and 100% SDA application rate…purely from the out-workings of being a great team without the overwhelm of expectation.
- Freedom to grow professionally, valuing the process of OT is more than just the objectively “ideal” intervention.
- A team that works, learns, supports and celebrates together
- A culture where failure is merely a consequence of innovation… and is therefore encouraged.
- Opportunities to grow and consolidate as a therapist or step into a leadership or teaching role… the opportunities are endless.
- Being able to go home, go on leave or be on a day off… with peace of mind. Knowing your team has your back.
Not everyone can be a Kadian.
Just like Cinderella, the ‘shoe’ really has to fit.
To be seriously considered for this role, please have the following in regard to:
- Experience: At least 2 years in a similar role or At least 5 years in an acute or sub-acute role and be willing to be trained according to learning needs.
- Registration: Hold registration with APRAH as an Occupational Therapist
- Licence: Have both a reliable vehicle and licence, and be willing to undergo a WWCC, Police Check and NDIS check.
- Skills: you must have good written skills and great interpersonal skills.
- Characteristics: This is an autonomous position, so you should know when you need support, and be willing to ask for it. We value our culture, and protect it fiercely, so we expect you to be willing to loft others up, strive for excellence and be willing to be vulnerable. It is also an innovative role, so you must be willing to gracefully accept when things don’t go to plan, and be likewise willing to celebrate when gains are made by yourself… or others.
- Passion for occupational therapy and the life transforming power of clinical models applied in practice.
Our Kadia Values:
Agile Open Minds – Eye of Curiosity – Core of Courage – Choose to Elevate – Eye of Excellence
If this sounds like a role that inspires you, send us the following in your application:
- Cover letter outlining why you think this is the right shoe for you!
- The results of your 16 personalities test https://www.16personalities.com/
- Your resume covering relevant experience
As you can imagine, this kind of opportunity does not come along all that often, and we interview as applications come in… so make sure you click now and upload your application before Cinderella’s coach turns into a pumpkin.
To find out what working at Kadia would look like for you, give Kendall or Janelle a call on 1300 577 929 for a confidential conversation.
Are you ready to start?
WE SURE ARE